Sunday, January 07, 2007

You’re what keeps me believing the world’s not gone dead



That, is me.
The things I care about.
This morning while everyone was still asleep, I was thinking. (see the little thought bubbles.) About what it means to actually know a person. And what leads you to knowing them. And who I truly know. There are people I consider close friends that I would say I'm probably more on the acquaintance level with. I can't hear the emotion in their voice, I can't see the emotion on their face. I don't know when they're lying, and when they're just exaggerating. I don't know what their reaction will be to something I do. Then there are the people who I do. And I can ramble on and on and on for probably five to ten minutes per person on why I know them. I mean like, experiences that have made me understand them better. And they stand out. I'd like to get to know more people. But at this point, understanding one or two people is enough for me. I wonder how many people truly know me. I have my flaws and misgivings. I wonder if people know my complexities, or if I have complexities. And when there are people who do know me well enough why does it frustrate me. Haha, well maybe because I hate when I can't fool anyone. And there's a couple people who when I say "I'm not upset" or something they can confidently say "yes you are. shut up and tell me what's wrong." I know people who get frustrated when I know them too well. So hahahahaha. Maybe I'm just impatient or not actually putting in an effort to get to know people. But I wish I did. I will. Because everyone has a story, and I want to know it.

No comments: